BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

A Tribute to Dark Skin Beauties!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Do Light Skin Girls Have A Right to Have A Page / Group on Social Media...

I want to know why is it okay to have group and pages on Dark Skin Girls (Pride) and Brown Skin Girls (Pride), but not Light Skin Girls (Pride)?


Am not one who would support something like an ignorant 'Light Skinded (lol) Party Only'.



Liya Kebede (Ethiopian, Light Brown Skin)

Alek Wek (South Sudanese, Dark Skin)
Just seems double standard. If we love the diversity within our race why is it a problem to have a page/group devoted to 'Light Skin Girls'?  There are groups for Dark Skin and Brown Skin Beauties. Why would it be offensive to have a 'Light Skin' group / page on the internet?



Janet Hubert (1st Aunt Viv, left)  Daphne Maxwell Reid  (2nd Aunt Viv, right)
I have a problem with comments on the internet like 'The real Aunt Vivian' referring to Hubert being authentic.  Why do we offend each other because of our skin pigment. Were any of you that are not light offended when a light skin actress (Daphney Maxwell Reid) took over? Are you not glad that at least they picked an African American?  Liked both Aunt Viv's on 'Fresh Prince' just like I like both Darrin's on "Bewitched' although, I do like York's more.  

With Janet Hubert being replaced it would have been a complete train wreck if the second actress acted just like the former one with the Aunt Viv character.  Well, if the 2nd Aunt Viv was like Clair Huxtable, I think people would still complain. Had she been replaced with a "Dark Skin' actress, I don't think it would matter as much.

Reid would have been ridiculed if she imitated the first 'Aunt Viv' because they would have said she could not act.  It would have been said she's trying to hard and that they should have picked a real sista to play the part. 

Did not like Diana Ross as Billie Holiday although I enjoyed Ross's work. Would have preferred Abby Lincoln as Holiday. She had the demeanor and she could act and sing too. Now Billie was light skin and both Ross and Lincoln are Brown. Neither actresses had issue with their weight and Billie did at times. Dandridge was offered the part and she was best friends with Billie, but the project fell through and Dorothy passed not too long after that. Am a big fan of DD, but she too me would not be a good fit for the project because of her being such a big star then and people would have been looking at her beauty, instead of seeing Billie's life on screen.



Almost like how they say President Obama married a 'Real Sista' because the First Lady Michelle Obama is not light skin.


Some sisters would prefer us to just push 'Colorism' under the rug.


Colorism - A form of bias that is based upon skin tone and hair type.  Present in cultures all over the world.  Occurs on an inter-group and intra-group basis.  An evil that must end.


Now I will say this...I did not watch this show to much "My Wife and Kids', but it was wrong for them to drop the original daughter Claire (Jazz Raycole) and replace her with Jennifer Freeman.

As a 'light skin' Black, I do see how darker skin women are "oppressed"  in the media.  Do see see the victories when darker skin women are at the forefront at times, to give them affirmation.  One of my ways of contributing to making my sisters that are Dark to feel loved and to see their own beauty is in the video I made 'Dark and Lovely' .


Also, another reason I started a group on facebook called 'I Define My Beauty'

It seems like people who are not light in the Black race can say whatever they want about topics that are taboo to speak on like this and get validated with quickness. Let me say something, 'Oh you're not a real sista' or you don't know what it is like to be a 'Black Woman', not "Dark Woman' mind you.  

Light Skin Sisters go through insecurities, self hate and low self esteem like any other human being on earth that is constantly told you are not good enough. So am not sure why people assume that because you are lighter you don't need to be loved on by people telling you that you are Beautiful. You assume we are all told that. Am here to tell you that is a lie. Have never heard it from my Dad and was teased a lot as a child. Was considered an ugly duckling. So stop the broad brushing! In fact many are going out of their way to hurt women like myself to uplift women like you because of your beauty not being accepted as Beauty in this world. Docs like 'Dark Girls' is an example. Instead of putting me down to uplift yourself, uplift yourself! Look at beauty icons like Judy Pace, Brenda Sykes, Cicely Tyson, Grace Jones! All beauties!

What privileges do light skin women have? 'The White Man' still sees us as inferior. I still have to work 3x better. Am still discriminated against; even within my own race. People make assumptions too many times. It's like we get racism twice. Why would I want to be with a man that only wants to be with me because I am light skin? Why would I want to be a worldly woman in a music video? Why would I think that I am better than my sister because I don't have her dark hue? What privileges do I have? I am not Black enough or I am Black...

What I don't understand within our own community is why we can't heal each other. Like as long as she is Black should be where we are at. Not a 'real sista' attitude.

Michael is from Detroit like me. Melissa I believe is bi-racial and Michaela remind me of me with her personality. All of them are outspoken and they are for advancing the Black race.

Dismantling colorism
www.washingtonpost.com
Oh wow can relate to the writer of this article

Taken from the article above: I have begun more and more to conclude that colorism is the most unacknowledged and unaddressed mental-health crisis in communities of color around the world. We speak of the color complex as a problem, as an issue, but it’s negative emotional impact on people of all hues is so serious that it needs to be called what it is — a disease. Google “color complex” and you will see impressive evidence of the vigorous Internet debates and discussions on this topic, such as the July essay from Vibe Vixen about a light-skinned girl whose blackness is questioned and an Allvoices.com essay from 2010 about the color complex crippling African Americans.

I do believe that it is a mental health issue. Really believe it because it starts at home. What the mother tells her daughter and what she says about other peoples daughter's. Also, the father. If your father, the first man in your life never tells you that you are Beautiful. Then women pass on their insecurities on to their offspring and so on. Then it is embedded into the female (am not speaking on males at all on this post when it comes to colorism) at an early age to self hate, And to be jealous of those who don't look like you via their skin color, hair texture, body type. It is a mental health issue. Especially when I walk into a room that is predominately women and black and the ones (not all, but sadly a vast majority) that are dark, already make an assumption 'She thinks that she is better than me' and I am not even thinking about your behind. 

Brown Paper Bag Test / Parties I started up a blog on these topics a few years ago. It's a shame. Believe a lot of non-sense started like that because of mulattoes or light skin women being excluded or treated as outsiders for the longest within their community. Am not saying that it was right, but I believe that is why it happened. We have always had a wall between the dark and light in our community. We did not put it there, but we must tear it down.

My skin color changes throughout the years.. Yes, have always been considered light skin. Am no Fredi Washington, she was porcelain. Am glad my skin color changes due to the season, but my hair does too. From wooly to curly. Thank You! My fiance loves that about me   He was like dang, who are you today, regarding my look always changing.

The groups and pages on here that are dedicated to Light Skin Black people are ignorant and degrading. They promote stereotypes and dissension. Am talking about a page or group that would be helpful in having conversations similar to this. Makeup ideas, self esteem, things of that nature. Am not looking to insult, but uplift. Have an open dialogue about unique situations in our community.

No one group should get special treatment.
So I guess the only ones who need support is...?

Having a conversation on this is vital, not talking at each other...we need to heel and embrace our own beuaty. Define our own beauty. That is why I bring up such topics and why I continue to read articles on it and blog on it. There is nothing wrong with loving the color of your skin. We come in all ranges.

Those house ones were getting raped while in the house and were shunned from their own race because they looked more white....Yes Willie Lynch started it, but who's continuing it....it's all in the head. We don't choose, individuals do. They won't break the bondage. They won't heal because they don't know that it is a sickness to think that they are inferior or superior. Just like in the whole we are suppose to be inferior and the White race is suppose to be superior...which we know is not correct...and yet we do the same thing within our group. Sickness in the head

A big issue is a lot of us don't know our heritage...we don't know where our ancestors come from...as far as I can go back on my own on ancestry.com is 1840...before that we were property. Am not sure on my maternal or paternal sides and theirs as well what part of Africa they are from...can trace my dad's paternal side to Trinidad and Bermuda.

Ancestry.com has it on there website. The dna test. If a lot of us knew our heritage it would help TREMENDOUSLY. We come from a STRONG PEOPL

Gabby is a hot mess and believe that she was speaking on Kerry Washington when she said that she (Union) was a former mean girl. Which I believe that she still is. With Washington she admitted that she would openly gossip behind her (Washington) back at celebrity functions.

Beauty tips, discussions like this, self love, how to love ourselves, hair tips, the same stuff that is discussed on other groups. Also, no one brings this up. When I walk into an all White room I am mentally preparing myself (at times) for the racism I may face. When I walk into a predominately Black room I am mentally preparing myself for the colorism, jealousy and prejudice I may face. The latter happens quite a bit. So I ask again what privileges am I getting?

What I will say about that is who in a healthy confident mind would want to be with a man that only wants them for how they look? We all get old and if a man wants a woman for that only, she won't last. She will be replaced for her looks and health are not promised. Women of any hue should not want to be with a man who only loves on the surface.

Let's see do I want to be around this group that believe's that they are superior to all man kind or be around this crowd who feel that I think I am better than them? Choose the Arrogant or Insecure? ( same in one,lol) My enemy to them or to them I am their enemy? (all in both of their heads) Then on top of that, some days I am insecure about things in my life. Like oh wow, bad hair day, I just broke up with my bf, etc. Again where is the privilege? It's a mental challenge that I don't care to be in.

No I don't want to divide. We are either going to heal together or separate.  But let us not make the mistake and single on out and forget the others. All of our girls need to feel beautiful inside and out.

The only negative I will say about SOME natural hair women is that they are against those who choose to maintain their hair with chemicals, which is their choice. They tend to paint a broad brush on women who continue to (in their own right) use chemicals, that these women are trying to be European. The same with weaves and wigs. It's a woman's choice. And some women wear the latter to keep their natural hair growing.

We should be able to do whatever we want and not have to here lip from someone saying 'You trying to be White' 'You think you are better than me' 'I mean are you really loving yourself if you are hiding your hair under that wig' 'Why you have self esteem issues, your light?' All ignorant and arrogant questions

We get a double dose...and yes we need to validate our own beauty

 Just like there was one doll of color to choose from back in the day in the Barbie collection, nothing has changed. There are unique groups and pages set up for Dark and Medium, why not Yellow? It's just would be nice if there were no double standards.

The ones I see are ignorant and degrading

Skin Color and Hair Texture go hand in hand in Black America. So, it will be brought up on here from time to time. As you can see not that many on the light side say much on this thread. Although you know that they are here. They probably don't want to be accused of divisive, haughtiness and such.

The reason that I started 'I Define My Beauty' is to break the mental slavery within the Non White communities. This light skin stuff happens in many other cultures. The topic of this thread was to open up a dialogue. If I really wanted a page or group dedicated to just the 'Light Skinded' I would have done so long ago. If you look at my postings on here, I post on a variety of complexions, not just light.

Before I am accused of divisiveness and wanting to start a page or group on light skin, look at the threads topic. It is a question. Again, so we can dialogue. And again why not many that are light would say too much on it because they would be accused of being divisive for their comments or experiments. It's okay to have a dark skin, brown skin, bi-racial, multi-cultural page or group. That's promoting self love!!! Light skin, nah your divisive. What so y'alll need that for. Again, brought it up for dialogue.

I am for us  (Black Women) and yes I got defensive, especially when I said a page / group needed to be formed for Light Skin, which I would never do. Just interesting how some assumptions are made across the board and how some things are acceptable and others are a no, no. Am really going to look for that full episode of video you posted on here with Oprah, Iyanla. Hope it comes on OWN again.

 Yes pain. Pain for us though not for me Debra Smith. That video posted on this thread sums it all. We all need to be validated and loved.

My blogs may be helpful. And even some of the photos on 'I Define My Beauty' Also, before 'Dark Girls' came out there was a video on yt concerning colorism, I can't find it now, but once I do I will post it.

As it was said on Life Class with Oprah and Iyanla, ignoring it and saying it does not exist, is saying that our experiences are not valid

Shared this earlier in the post, no one should be interested in a person that wants to be with them based on their hair texture or skin color. A person that would, has to have low self esteem. Where are people's standards? For the media, whatever is missing start it up.....Like people complaining on here that there are not enough posts on natural hair. They don't participate in sharing natural hair posts, yet they continue to stay....and complain. We need to fix what is missing and stop complaining!!!! Stop looking for others to validate you!!! Start your own groups, like the one I started 'I Define My Beauty'. As I said (earlier comment) no one complains about pages/groups devoted to Dark Skin, but start up one devoted to Light Skin, there will be an issue. We have pain as well. It is not to be compared. Pain is Pain. And I am not talking about the low class, ignorant and degrading Light Skin groups and pages on facebook.

 What keeps getting left out is individuals personal experiences. There are much, much more painful things that has happened to me other than being excluded because of my light skin. Black Women have been molested, raped, impregnated by relatives, mugged and beat on too! These things are taboo to talk about. Even bringing up the thread's topic is taboo to speak on. Why? Assumptions and Judgments!

 The paper bag parties. Had to think about how that all came about. There were light skin churches and dark skin churches and white skin churches. In fact no one talks about this, but there are White churches and Black churches here in 2014. Why? Well, no one talks about it. It just seems to be acceptable. To me it does not represent God.

The paper bag parties. No I don't condone it. Though I think of how it could have started. At first I began to think it was high-yellar's due to slave classicism always felt they were better than the rest of the slaves because of them having white blood in them and because of them having his features too. Then I thought of them being excluded from the White's and the other slaves. Believe it has to do with both. Being excluded and feeling superior. In watching a documentary yesterday on 'Creoles' (a whole different race) there was a segment in there where a 'Dark Skin' woman said to her son, that his fiance (Light) was not welcomed in her home. So, we can't just look at it from one perspective. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwy8yJNKpA

To me, many of our people ASSUME too much and feel only their opinions and experiences matter. Never hearing each others pains. Saying my heart or mind hurts more. Not LOOKING TO GET HEALED. Getting upset when someone (especially someone like me) brings up these topics. AM NO LONGER SAYING 'NHR'. IT IS HAIR RELATED. Skin Color and Hair Texture will continue to have a link to one another and so will someone's FACIAL AND BODY FEATURES.

That show that Oprah and Iyanla did on 'Colorism' hit it good  Iyanla is a great teacher and she is humble and loving!

Yes, we should be unified, but what is not going to work is if we are still practicing self hate and envy.

A support group for all Black women exists all over social media. So does one for Dark skin women. So should one be for Light skin women. SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!! What makes you think you are the only one who needs support?

You have to be in my skin and again it was a question to post, if I wanted it, I would have started up a group, but to say that it is not needed, is totally wrong.

 It to me is no different from groups being started for skinny women and thick women....It's as if (and it was mentioned in this thread) like our own women see us as White and not Black. What I mean by that is the notion of them to compare us to White women's struggles....which to them there is no struggle. Separatism and Arrogance!!! Light skin women struggle too....not the same way...but by our pain not being valid or struggle not being valid according to DARK SKIN WOMEN!!! You have no right to say that and I am not pointing to anyone in particular, am pointing to all that think that way. YOU"RE WRONG!!! DEAD WRONG AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

That is why there is a wall between us ASSUMPTIONS< JUDGMENTS and having THIS SUPERIORITY COMPLEX BECAUSE YOU ARE DARK towards those who are not

 Like as if anyone who is not Dark does not have a say so in anything. Like 'you ain't a real sista' attitude. And look at all the ones who have a problem with the thread's topic. It was taken as a threat and/or like whatchall need that for attitude? One perspective is suppose to be valid for all, which is wrong. I brought up the topic.

Who's fault is that though? Beauty, Black Hair...What are we doing about it? Am doing what I can to support us all as far as the Black Woman's Struggle....Not the Dark Skin Black Woman's Struggle

 No because I have had women inbox me on this topic that I posted and a lot of them don't want to respond to this because of the very things that many are commented on that are not light. They see it as only something they are uniquely experiencing.

 The very same reason I created the group 'I Define My Beauty' Not you and not them. I do. No matter what skin color I am. What texture my hair is. As you can see though not too many participate in that group. Some would say "Why do we need groups like that?" I have never complained about it Shavon, my question is why would it be wrong to have one for light skin? Confidence, I guess is a GIVEN with anyone who is not DARK, SMH

 And I come from a family of different hues...in fact on my mom's side she came from a family of 10+ kids and they all came in different colors...

DARK SKIN BLACK HISTORY MONTH OR BLACK HISTORY MONTH?

AGAIN BEING COMPARED TO WHITES

 I don't know Shavon....that would speak to the ones that joined and started the group on both Dark and Light. And like MissVee, I would not join them.

A group like I DEFINE MY BEAUTY, I would...and I would participate in threads and post threads

 I would not sit back and judge what is missing

Why would I have to figure it out? As I have shared earlier in this thread, those groups are degrading and causes dissensions. Just like I don't speak for all Black Women I don't speak for all of those who are light. And not all 'Dark Skin' pages and groups are uplifting.

 Knew we could agree on one thing, it needs to be talked about and Deyna DeOriginal Skillaz we are not the same person, that would be boring. So we are not going to have like minds on everything. Especially with the light skin and dark skin topics.

Idk,,,I don't belong to any skin color groups...and like I said before it was a question....have noticed so much dissension in this group here and I see unity on some things. Like natural women should eat foods from the earth only, use natural products only, should not do this,,,should not do that....it's getting ugly and women validating their experiences only...The question should be, why are you here in this group. To support and get support? Or to validate and get validation? Or to sit back and judge like the rest of the world does?

 Isn't Black Power, Black Power? Not Dark Skin Black Power

Well you keep saying why start up a Light Skin group, it's like starting up a White group for support. So that is why I made mention of Black History Month? or Dark People's Black History Month? We are the same, but of a different hue.

This is why COLORISM exists.

Why not tell the truth? When a light skin woman walks into a room what do you think of her Dark skin sister? What assumptions do you make? Do you shun her? Do you do the same when a White woman walks into the room? Do you do that same thing when a Dark skin sister walks into the room? or do you just embrace her? TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!

There were plenty of those who could have passed, but did not too....but of course let's not bring that up.

and let's not bring up that those who had no way in hell of passing felt jealous and envious towards those who could I don't care to be around women who have insecurities about themselves physically. Light or Dark. Was almost pushed down a flight of stairs from my cousin (dark) that I adored. Why because of envy. I love my skin color and my hair texture. Took awhile for me to get there, but I do. Self Hate is the issue!!! and COLORISM!

Again what is the privilege? being in videos, movies, advertising? that is an honor?

 Fredi Washington from the first 'Imitation of Life' could have passed for White, but refused to. Very proud to be Black. Same with Lena Horne, she could have been passed off as a Mexican, but refused to....

that shows their lack of intelligence. With those same minds they will get pregnant by someone to prevent from having to deal with a child that has afro-like hair

Those are the minds that are brainwashed and will continue to be brainwashed. Also, guess what, they past it down to their children. Like the ones during slavery.

 http://lightbrightandnotwhite.blogspot.com/.../blog-post... 
Negro Singers Who Refuse To Pass THE TRUTH IS WHEN WE TELL IT ALL!!! Not just from one perspective!

Passing, was not just passing for WHITE it was to pass as anything, but BLACK
No point, tell the whole truth.. People passed and some that could chose not too, if you watch the original 'Imitation of Life" revisit it, you will get it...Fredi, could have, but did not...I am not trying to prove a point. Are you?

So groups are started up to complain about what they don't have instead of healing? interesting

Gabrielle Union and Kerry Washington are Brown and are working it!!! So was Judy Pace and Brenda Sykes and Grace Jones at one time...still though people are complaining...Shoot yall were complaining when GOOD TIMES and THE COSBY SHOW was on...now we won't get tv time like that no more SMH COMPLAINING When JULIA was on saying she was not BLACK ENOUGH PEOPLE JUST COMPLAIN and do nothing to HEAL AND ADVANCE OUR PEOPLE!!! ALL THESE POSTINGS ABOUT NHR upsets people , but THEY WON'T CONTRIBUTE!!!!

Let me know when you find the page/group I started for LIGHT SKIN people. please let me know...i did share with you that I spoke out of anger and hurt and frustration at that time..

Imagine carrying a whole race on your back. That is what Black People in Power go through. Does not matter the skin hue. If you fail, they fail...if you succeed, they succeed...How much toll that must take on their souls!

 Lori, remember ALL LIGHT SKIN people are CONFIDENT and have never been DISCRIMINATED against and have never ever suffered. Therefore we don't need any SUPPORT

Girl, Light skin folks get pulled over by Cops, don't get it twisted..are you kidding me? lol If a person looks like Fredi, maybe not

Right the same way Dark Skin people think when it comes to Validating whether someone struggles or not Wendy Elad I don't see it? Hmmmm...Yes I do see it...I also, see that there are those who will dismiss my own struggles. I AM BLACK and maybe not my skin color, but no one has BLACK skin color...Even Alex Wek is not BLACK close to it, but not. Maybe that is why some feel like they have the right to VALIDATE and JUDGE. Their skin color gives them this right?

Pushing it under the rug is only going to make it worse. In fact Willie Lynch stuff will continue...until women talk about their pain and get healed and love themselves, they can't love others!!!

Just like THE MAN says get over it...haven't we freed y'all, where's the 40 acres and a mule, reparations, affirmative action there is no need for that. EVERYTHING IS FAIR move on. Can't we all just get along? No, especially when there is so much envy and self hatred. And no one wants to talk or have a conversation.

Marjorie Vincent . Does anyone remember her? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Vincent idk...Some would say that she was a token.. I don't. Vanessa Williams was the first Ms America that was Black. And a lot of folks was mad at that. She is Black, both of her parents were and are Black. So what if they have White in them, so do I. Still does not make me less BLACK. And Marjorie Vincent. How many of you kept up with her since she was crowned? Probably '0' She was not only beautiful, she was talented. Just can't please some folks. smh

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MISS AMERICA PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!! The First Miss America that was Black Vanessa Williams. Could it be because she is light skin? or Because she is a triple threat

Wonder who in our community was cheering when Vanessa was dethroned.....How much weight do you think she carried on her shoulders as a Black Woman being crowned and dethroned? Do you really think she was the only one in their history to do nude photos?

 Bi-racial, but like Halle is Black because that is how she sees herself and that is how she was raised. Suzette Charles

Yep Lori, in the field and in the house...and isn't a slave a slave?

Who is comparing pain to pain Debra Smith? Pain is pain. Just like being a Slave is a Slave. A woman like me was listed as property in the early 1800s. Not just Dark Skin. 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed to protect all, not just some.

Colorism because we can not advance if we don't acknowledge we have some ism's that need to be discussed, healed and we need to look to advance one another. We are our own worst enemies. Even in sharing a bit about my personal struggles, it's pushed under the rug. but someone else's "thumbs up' 'Like' button hit

Halle to some is not even light skin..although my face is tanned in this photo. one sister said 'you ain't light skin' and guess what I dd I posted some photos of my true hue...then she made mention your features are negroid...smh Now, if I were to remove this photo on my profile to show my true pigmentation (which changes) throughout the seasons, I will probably get told off for doing that...lol  If anyone knows me I speak my mind and do as I please with reason. Get backlash.

Has anyone on this thread ever been told "You are not Black enough" "You don't look BLack" 'You don't sound Black" "You don't act BlacK"?

Do you see it as an insult? or compliment?

See, that;s wrong. Have been told all the above. And never took it as a compliment. Like wow you can read, you speak in ebonics, you could pass for a mexican, it's all an insult

Telling your child that their hair is nappy or stay out the sun all that comes from home too...how many of you were told that?

Yes and my thing is to help all of us heal.  The wounds are still there, but I am mending them.

Just like Iyanla said 'Daddy's GONE' does not mean that the void will be filled, means to accept it and not dress it up. Get healed. Heal by sharing the pain and listening to another sister share her pain. No one has the right to say whose pain is higher. Who gives a crap, it hurts....make it stop hurting..how talk about it and listen to others as well

Watching SUPER SOUL SUNDAY on OWN with Dr. Robin Smith yesterday helped me with that. Am sure I helped a lot of sisters out by starting this thread. We are holding a conversation.

And natural hair sisters struggle at times with their hair, no matter how much they do to take care of it...yet they struggle and guess what they still give advice and support

Can Relate. On another subject unless you are Light you have no right to say 'yay' or 'nay' just like I have no right to say 'yay' or 'nay' to a Dark Skin or Brown page being started up. And to reiterate it again, I have no desire joining a light skin forum or dark skin forum group

The reason I started this thread was to show that we all hurt each other. Light vs Dark and Dark vs Light. Don't want it passed down to the ext generation. Yet, it keeps getting passed down. Our women refuse to validate each others pain, experiences and struggles. We fight to say who hurts more. And instead of getting healed by getting open, we bicker. Am posting a video that should bring those to shame who would laugh at this and encourage this among our children. Also, to those who should be ashamed for their continued haughtiness believing that their skin color hones superiority.

 www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylicDuWPI4

 Am still wondering why women in our community believe that life was a crystal stair for us. Like none of us was raped, molested, beaten or degraded or discriminated against. What is wrong with some of you? Color is not everything!!! Maybe in your head it is. smh

And why do some of you keep saying that it is NOT EQUAL? Who said that it was? Who cares? Pain is Pain. Why do you keep competing with your own sister? That's how I see it, I am your competition. Which I did not even know I was until this very moment. You are competing with me, lol. Why? We are suppose to be sisters smh

 The documentary 'Dark Girls' was anti-light basically. Instead it should have uplifted the women who are Dark skin. Like showing beautiful Dark Skinned women like Grace Jones, Judy Pace, etc. Even the beauties today like Kenya Moore and Alex Wek. No, instead they focused on Dark vs Light. Yes, show the pain, but show how to heal, show the beauty of being Dark skin. Show the benefits.

 Unity, Organize,

Melanin. For one. Built in Sun-Screen. and I am not joking. If women who are Dark would look for the positives in being the color they are, they can take a lot of the self hate out of their hearts and minds. Google it.

It's a benefit to me, maybe not to you. And it is a shame that anyone of African or Negro descent would not see melanin as a benefit.

Not many who are dark that are my age or older know of the women I mentioned like Judy Pace and Brenda Sykes. Was born in the 70s and I grew up with JET, EBONY and EBONY jr, ESSENCE in my home. The question I ask, is why is it that I know so much about women like this and others have no clue who are Black women too smh

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews